The Bani Ghanim Gate minaret was built by the Ayoubi judge Sharaf Ad-Din bin Abdul Rahman Bin As-Salih in 1278 AD (677 AH) during the reign of Sultan Hussam Ad-Din Lajeen. It is a squared shaped minaret located near Bani Ghanim’s Gate and considered the most decorated of al-Aqsa’s four minarets.
- With a height of 38.5 meters it is the highest minaret inside Masjid al-Aqsa with a staircase of 120 steps. The western tunnel which was dug by the Israeli Occupation Forces weakened the minaret’s foundations, requiring its renovation in 2001 AD (1422 AH).
References: A guide to al-Aqsa mosque – PASSIA