The Dome of the Lovers of the Prophet is a square building situated towards the northern side of Masjid al-Aqsa. It was a place where sufi sheikhs would gather for the zikr of Allah.
- This dome structure was built by the Ottoman Sultan Mahmud II in 1808 CE (1223 AH). It is close to the Bab al-Atim (Gate of Darkness).
- The building is based on four stone pillars built over a platform that is half a meter higher than the rest of al-Aqsa’s grounds.
References: A guide to al-Aqsa mosque – PASSIA