The Dome of Moses is an Ayyubi era dome is located in the middle of the Moses Platform in the western courtyard of Al-Aqsa Mosque. It was built by King Najm Ad- Din bin Al-Kamel in 1249-1250 CE (647 AH) as a place of worship and a sanctuary for clergymen and Imams.
- Some historians say that it was named Dome of Moses in tribute to the prophet Moses (عليه السلام), others say it was named after a Sheikh who used to lead prayers in it.
- The dome is also known as the ‘Dome of the Tree’ because of its close location to a huge palm tree in the past.
References: A guide to al-Aqsa mosque – PASSIA