IslamicLandmarks.com

Dome of Yusuf Agha

Dome of Yusuf Agha with Dome of the Rock in the background
Dome of Yusuf Agha with Dome of the Rock in the background

Yusuf Agha, a governor of Jerusalem during the reign of the Ottoman Sultan Mehmet IV, built this dome to the west of Masjid al-Qibly in 1681 CE (1092 AH). It is a square-shaped building topped with a small dome. Today, it is used as an information office of Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Dome of Yusuf Agha with Masjid al-Qibly in the background
Dome of Yusuf Agha with Masjid al-Qibly in the background

References: A guide to al-Aqsa mosque – PASSIA