Ar-Rawha is a place outside Madinah where the Prophet (ﷺ) and the Sahabah rested on the 14th Ramadhan 2AH on their march to Badr. It is also reported that the Prophet (ﷺ) drank from its well (Bir Rawha).
[Read about the previous landmark associated with the Battle of Badr: Irq al-Zabiyyah]
- Ar-Rawha has the distinction as being a place where many previous Prophets of Allah passed through on their way to the Ka’bah in Makkah. Anas and Abu Musa al-Ash‘ari (رضي الله عنهم) report that the Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Indeed 70 Ambiya (Prophets) had passed the hill of Rawha enroute to the house of Allah (the Ka’bah)….” [Majma’uz Zawaid]
- There are the historic remains of a masjid at Rawha. Amr ibn ‘Awf (رضي الله عنه) reports that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “.. Indeed seventy Ambiya (Prophets) prayed salah in this Masjid (at Rawha)…” [Fathul Bari]
- After reaching Ar-Rawha, the Prophet (ﷺ) sent Abu Lubaba (رضي الله عنه) back to Madinah. He told Abu Lubaba, “Abdullah bin Ummi Maqtum will take care of the masjid and lead the prayers, but you will be in charge of the city of Madinah”. Abu Lubaba was an Ansari from Banu Aus and knew everyone in and outside of Madinah. This was why the Prophet (ﷺ) appointed him to keep watch over the city in his absence.
- Towards the end of time the Prophet Isa [Jesus] (peace be upon him) will pass through ar-Rawha after his return back to Earth. It has been narrated from Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, the son of Maryam will certainly enter ihraam in the valley of ar-Rawha, as a pilgrim performing Hajj or ‘Umrah, or both.” [Muslim]
- Water from the well of al-Rawha (Bir Rawha) is available to drink
[Read about the next landmark associated with the Battle of Badr: Al-Musayjeed]
References: When the Moon Split – Shaykh Safiur Rahman Mubarakpuri, Muhammad (s.a.w.) the Last Prophet – Moulana Sayyed Hasan Ali Nadwi, The Life of Muhammad (s.a.w) – Tahia Al-Ismail, Qalam Seerah notes – Shaykh Abdul Nasir Jangda