This is the resting place of the eminent sahabi Ubadah bin Samit (رضي الله عنه). It is located in the Bab-ur-Rahmah cemetery, outside Masjid al-Aqsa.
- Ubadah bin Samit (رضي الله عنه) was from the Ansar and one of the twelve Sahabah (رضي الله عنهم) who accepted Islam at Aqabah.
- He participated in the Battle of Badr and fought in every battle with the Prophet (ﷺ).
- He was amongst the 5 Ansari Sahaabah who had gained mastery over the Quran in the time of the Prophet (ﷺ).
- He has been described as being tall, well built and handsome. He was extremely bold and openly engaged in enjoining the good and forbidding evil. His wife was Umme Haram (رضي الله عنها).
- Caliph Umar (رضي الله عنه) sent him to Palestine as a judge. He passed away in Palestine in the year 34 AH at the age of 72.
References: In the Blessed Lands: Jamiatul Ulama KZN