The picture above shows Jannatul Mu’alla, the principle historical graveyard in Makkah which is located in a valley east of the Masjid al-Haram. Several members of the Prophet’s (ﷺ) family and many Sahabah (رضي الله عنهم) are buried here.
The following personalities are buried in this graveyard:
- Ummul Mu’mineen Khadija (رضي الله عنها), the first wife of the Prophet (ﷺ)
- Qasim, the eldest son of the Prophet (ﷺ) from his wife Khadija (رضي الله عنها); he died in infancy.
- Abdullah, the second son of the Prophet (ﷺ) from his wife Khadija (رضي الله عنها); he was also known as Tahir and Tayyab.
- Abu Talib – the uncle of the Prophet (ﷺ)
- Abdul Muttalib – the grandfather of the Prophet (ﷺ)
Note that this entry has been shown for information purposes only. On no account should anybody pray to a grave or seek supplication through them as this is tantamount to committing shirk, associating partners with Allah (ﷻ)